Why Singapore ?
Singapore is known for high quality education in every discipline. Singapore economy attracts multinational companies of many countries which generate employment. In addition to the highly competitive local universities, a number of international institutes have set up campuses in Singapore offering a range of options for every student. Some programs have inbuilt internships or industry partnerships which makes students employable.
- With a strategic location right in the heart of south East Asia, the influences of the east and the west converge here thus exposing the student to a multicultural environment.
- Singapore is a developed nation with a high standard of living.
- Same standard of education and living at a lower cost as compared to the west.
- Many universities from all over the world have set up campuses and collaborations in Singapore
- Singapore’s National universities like NTU/NUS/SMU are amongst the highly rated universities in the world. Singapore is close to home being just 5 hours away by flight.
- Safety: The Singapore Government takes law and order very seriously and strict action is taken against any offenders as a result of which crime rate is very low. It is considered to be one of the safest destinations in the world.
- National University Singapore
- Singapore Management University
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Institute of Management
- LaSalle College of Art & Design
- PSB Academy
- S P Jain Global
There are three major intakes in Singapore –
There is an application fee ranging between SG$ 250-500 for applications to most of the PEI’s. The average offer letter turnaround is 2-4 weeks depending on the institution applied to hence it is advised to apply early.
The main documents required would be all academics, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, work experience letters if any, LOR (if required by the institution).
Cost of Studying
The living costs in Singapore are between 12000 to 14000 SG$.
The range of tuition fees for UG and PG programs are outlined below
- UG – SG $ 20000 – 30000 per year
- PG – SG $ 25000 – 35000 per year
The lower costs of living and proximity to home make it an attractive alternative to studying in the United Kingdom or the United States. The PEIs offer degrees from these countries at a much lower tuition fees than at the main campus. The degrees you would get would be similar to if you were studying in the main campuses of these universities in UK, Australia or United States.
There are several accommodation options available to students. The institutions will help in organizing the accommodation for you which could be in private apartments or halls of residence.
Students can consider private hostel or renting private housing options like – landed property, apartments, condominiums and serviced apartments. A more affordable option in this category is to rent privately from tenants of Housing Development Board (HDB) flats.