Singapore is known for its high-quality education in every discipline. Singapore’s economy attracts multinational companies of many countries that generate employment. In addition to the highly competitive local universities, a number of international institutes have set up campuses in Singapore offering a range of options for every student. Some programs have inbuilt internships or industry partnerships that make students employable.
Study in Singapore
- With a strategic location right in the heart of South East Asia, the influences of the east and the west converge here thus exposing the student to a multicultural environment.
- Singapore is a developed nation with a high standard of living.
- The same standard of education and living at a lower cost as compared to the west.
- Many universities from all over the world have set up campuses and collaborations in Singapore
- Singapore’s National universities like NTU/NUS/SMU are amongst the highly-rated universities in the world. Singapore is close to home being just 5 hours away by flight.
- Safety: The Singapore Government takes law and order very seriously and strict action is taken against any offenders as a result of which crime rate is very low. It is considered to be one of the safest destinations in the world.
There are three major intakes in Singapore –
There is an application fee ranging between SG$ 250-500 for applications to most of the PEI’s. The average offer letter turnaround is 2-4 weeks depending on the institution applied to hence it is advised to apply early.
The main documents required would be all academics, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, work experience letters if any, LOR (if required by the institution).
The living costs in Singapore are between 12000 to 14000 SG$.
The range of tuition fees for UG and PG programs are outlined below
- UG – SG $ 20000 – 30000 per year
- PG – SG $ 25000 – 35000 per year
The lower costs of living and proximity to home make it an attractive alternative to studying in the United Kingdom or the United States. The PEIs offer degrees from these countries at a much lower tuition fee than at the main campus. The degrees you would get would be similar to if you were studying in the main campuses of these universities in the UK, Australia, or the United States.
There are several accommodation options available to students. The institutions will help in organizing the accommodation for you which could be in private apartments or halls of residence.
Students can consider private hostel or renting private housing options like – landed property, apartments, condominiums, and serviced apartments. A more affordable option in this category is to rent privately from tenants of the Housing Development Board (HDB) flats.
Choosing the right education program and finding the best university to study in Singapore play a vital role in your future success. Along with this, choosing the right education consultant that can guide you towards your goal is also important.
Find the best universities to study in Singapore with 3RDiConsulting. Offering a unique boutique counselling & mentoring approach, we guide our students towards the path of success.
- National University Singapore
- Singapore Management University
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Institute of Management
- LaSalle College of Art & Design
- PSB Academy
- S P Jain Global