Over the past few years, the U.S. has dominated the globe in being the most popular university destination for students from all over the world. Somehow, even with the growth of other English-taught options in other countries, numerous students still choose the U.S.A for further studies.
According to the latest report by the QS university rankings, USA has emerged as a leading country known for its quality education. U.S. offers various options to choose from according to your academic and cultural preferences.
Here are a few reasons why you may choose to study in the U.S.:
- Excellent International Reputation: With over 4000 universities across the country, the United States boasts of some of the top universities in the world. The universities and colleges offer a wide range of degreesand courses in all academic fields.
- Academic Flexibility: At the graduate level, i.e. master’s degree, you can customize your course according to your coursework to fit your academic goals. You always have the freedom to include ideas and opinions important to your area of academic interest.
- Cultural Diversity: Nearly every university in the U.S. takes diversity to be one of their defining pillars. Historically, there has been a strong effort within the structure of these higher education institutions to increase the number of educational opportunities and make cultural diversity central to the enrollment and admission efforts. Students often remark that their classes and dormitories are full of students from every nationality, religion, or ethnicity, and having access to and contact with so many cultural backgrounds makes the experience that much more thrilling.
- Excellent Support Facilities: In an effort to make your transition to a U.S. university smoother, these institutions offer plenty of support to prepare international students for their classes. Through various workshops, English-language practice courses, orientations, and trainings, foreign students are given plenty of help to get them ready for their classes.
Moreover, there is some effort to allow international students the ability to stay in the U.S. after they graduate, so that they can attempt to pursue a wonderful career at some of the world’s biggest companies. In 2016, a massive effort was taken to allow graduates from STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) to stay for 24 months to get work experience and extend their stay.
- Optimised Classroom Experience U.S. takes pride in its technological advancement and it has made sure that all spectrums of the education sector are well equipped with the latest technology. This makes life of the student much simpler with easy access to data and other technology
- Research and Training Opportunities – U.S. universities offer research and training opportunities to international students at the graduate level. A student can assist a Professor by being a Teaching Assistant to them, which also helps in funding their studies, and broadening their knowledge and skill set. Students can assist professors with research on different projects and it also gives them an opportunity to work with the best in their chosen field of study.