How To Write A Motivational Letter For University?
- January 2, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Study Abroad
A motivation letter or Statement of Purpose or Cover Letter is an important part of your application abroad. How to write a motivational letter for university? Why is it important?
The motivation letter is a way for you to explain why you would be a good fit for the Master’s degree and the university you are applying for. It’s an opportunity for you to describe in a personal way your motivation to use and the experience you have that led you to this decision. The way you will write your motivation letter may make the difference between being accepted or rejected, especially for universities with high application standards.
By requiring a motivation letter, the Master’s recruiting committee offers you the chance to prove yourself with a short document in which you are supposed to give some relevant and interesting insights about yourself. It is not just a formality but an integral part of the application. Admission officers take this very seriously. Below are some tips for writing an effective motivational letter.
- Start early
- Find out about the university and program in depth
- Write down the main ideas you want to include in your first draft
- Put down your goal: a short preview of the rest of the letter
- Focus on your most robust qualifications
- Highlight the work experiences and your learnings from it
- Don’t write too much (750-900words)
- Make it easier to read
- Be personal and original
- Be consistent
- Get feedback before submitting
You can also take advice from experts like Kavitta Mehtta at 3RDiConsulting, overseas education counselors.